It was from my Mom that I learnt to never, ever discard leftover cooked dal (pulses). She taught me to make paranthas with it. But my own family is not very fond of paranthas, so I recently experimented with making cooked dal pakoras. They tasted very good and disappeared in a jiffy! Here are the step-by-step pics. Do try this out and let me know how you find it.
- First assemble all the ingredients (leftover dal, besan, soaked Poha, some curry leaves, one green chilly, one onion)
2. Mix besan, leftover dal, soaked poha. Add chopped onion and green chilly, and salt as per your taste. Mix well to make a batter. Add spices (red chilly powder, cumin powder, whole coriander powder, and amchur) followed by rice powder and sooji. Mix well.
4. Deep fry spoonfuls of this batter in a karahi. Do this in batches.
5. Once they turn brown all over, bring them out and place them on tissue paper to drain out excess oil. Do this for all batches of batter.
6. Pakoras are ready. Enjoy.
Read my other food recipes here. https://wordpress.com/page/jasbirchatterjeephotoblog.wordpress.com/8762